Leadership Pierre is a comprehensive program for current and emerging leaders to analyze characteristics associated with leadership, develop individual skills, and gather an awareness of trends, challenges and issues that face Hughes and Stanley County. Leadership Pierre seeks a diverse group of participants of varying interest and styles across a broad spectrum of achievement from the area.
Leadership Pierre is an educational program intended for Pierre area citizens who have an interest in their communities, their leaders and institutions, and/or specific leadership opportunities. During the nine-month program, participants will hear from area experts, tour places which make our community unique, participate in thought-provoking discussion and learn how and why decisions are made…all with the goal of shaping tomorrow’s leaders.
Up to 15 area people who live or work in Hughes or Stanley County will be selected. Individuals not selected will be added to the wait list.
To receive a certificate of completion from Leadership Pierre, participants are expected to attend all sessions in their entirety, kick-off, graduation and at least one community involvement opportunity during the program.
Deadline for application is Friday, July 7, 2023. Applicants will be notified of their acceptance by August 4, 2023.
A nonrefundable fee of $25 is required with application. Tuition for Chamber members is $500 and tuition for non-members is $650. If selected for the program, tuition is due by August 25, 2023.
- Leadership Pierre Kickoff – Thursday, August 24 (evening event TBD)
- Session One: Business, Financial, and Professional Development – Thursday, September 14
- Session Two: Community Services – Thursday, October 12
- Session Three: Local & State Government – Thursday, November 9
- Session Four: Education – Thursday, December 7
- Session Five: Healthcare – Thursday, January 11
- Session Six: Law Enforcement and Emergency Management – Thursday, February 8
- Session Seven: Tourism, News, and Marketing – Thursday, March 14
- Session Eight: Agriculture & Natural Resources – Thursday, April 11
- Session Nine: Arts & Culture – Thursday, May 2
- Leadership Pierre Graduation Ceremony & Alumni Celebration – Thursday, May 9 (evening event TBD)
Contact Tia Kafka with questions at 605-224-7361, or to pick up a 2023-24 application at 800 W. Dakota Ave.